El Cavador was a mining ship, so it had drills and pebble killers on the outside of the ship. The rest of the exterior was mostly covered in armor plating, which was attached to protect the ship from impacts or attacks.
The inside of the ship was a conglomeration of different ship parts, as the mechanics had to make due with whatever parts were available to fix the ship.
While mining Asteroid 2002GJ166, they were bumped off the rock by the heir to Juke Limited, Lem Jukes. This crippled the ship's communications and other systems, leading to unprecedented catastrophe.
Later on, the crew of El Cavador attempted to disable or destroy the invading Formic scout ship, with the help of the Makarhu. However, El Cavador was destroyed by a gamma plasma exhaust burst from the Formics. The remaining crew of women and children survived the attack as they had been transferred to a WU-HU Corporation ship.
- Concepción Querales (Captain, deceased)
- Segundo Delgado (Mechanic, deceased)
- Victor Delgado (Mechanic)
- José Manuel (Mechanic, deceased)
- Marco (Head miner, deceased)
- Isabella (Medic)
- Edimar Querales (Spotter/Keeper of the Eye)
- Toron Querales (Spotter/Keeper of the Eye, deceased)
- Rena Delgado
- Lola Querales
- Alejandra Querales (deceased)
- Gregor (deceased)
- Pitoso (deceased)
- Bahzím (deceased)
- Faron (deceased)
- Bulo (deceased)
- Selmo (deceased)
- Bullo (deceased)
- Javier (decesed)
- Jose Luis